Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Don't Know Whether to Laugh or Cry!

By jnudler
Last night in the Nudler family bed the following conversation would have been overheard.
Sam: You know, we wrote a Brook Book at the Living Lab and I dedicated it to you.
Me: You DID, thank you honey. What was it about?
Sam: A big, brown, bat
Me: Ohhhh, that made you think of me????
Sam: No, I just couldn't think of anyone else to dedicate it too.
Me: Thanks a lot.
Later in the Evening
Sam: I wrote a dedication to you.
Me: Really, what does it say? (with trepidation in my voice)
Sam: To my Mom, who always inspires me to do my best!
Me: (Obviously with tears in my eyes) Oh Honey, is that really true, thank you so much, that is just beautiful and means a lot to mommy! (Hugs child)
Sam: Actually, I may have not said inspire, but who makes me do my best.
Me: (Tears drying up) Well, that's still a nice thought and inspire is kind of like making you do something anyway, right? (I am hanging to a thread at the moment)
Sam: Well, if you really want to know the truth, I copied it from what Mrs. Courcy wrote on the board. But I really meant it!
You gotta love them!

No comments: