Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let's Talk About Sex...

By jnudler
I made a decision early on that I was going to talk freely with my children about sexuality, bodily functions and the like. I feel like the more you talk about this stuff, the less chance they will be embarrased by it when someone else is talking about (I mean what is MORE embarrasing then talking to your mother about it!). The way I figure it, the more correct information they have the better. So, while discussing an a story about a friends child talking about the workings of a wet dream, Nick, my 12 year old was completely mortified, covering his face and all. Sam, my 11 year old wanted to know all about everything and Ben, my 7 year old was sitting there saying, I don't get the big deal, I mean it happens to all boys and they are just words...penis, erection, ejaculation, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL!. At this point Nick leaves room groaning. We then decide to put it to song. This would be sung to the tune of the Pepto song. And goes like this:
Penis
Erection
Masturbation
Ends up with Ejaculation
Quite catchy if you ask me. Of course Ben has been running around the house replacing Ejaculation with Precipitation or Evaculation.
I tell my BFF Gail about this. She is the queen of putting words to song. She has two girls, 11 & 9 and she came up with this song while shopping at Shaws.
Sung to the tune of Be Our Guest (from Disney's Beauty & the Beast)
See my breasts
See my breasts
They're protruding from my chest
You can't miss em
Girls will diss em
and the boys won't let it rest
 
What's down there?
I see hair!
It is causing quite a scare
I am really not ready for what comes next
 
My face is oily
The bloating's not for me
 
Midol's best
If you'll just
let me rest!
 
Enough said. At some point we will sing and record for you all!

No comments: