Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sam is 11 (but now almost 13)



11:49pm January 18th, 2008 By jnudler
Yesterday was Sam's 11th birthday. Amazing to think that he is already 11. It was a rather peaceful day, the first day since Christmas that I have not had a sick child home!!! Anyway, he decided that instead of getting the normal loot from us, he would prefer to go to Toys R Us and pick out his own presents. Now normally I would think this was a bad idea. (Will post later on the experience that I had with Ben when he turned 7 and we tried the same thing.) However, we were in and out of the store in less than 40 minutes after dropping $180. He was very happy, no fights (unusual) and sweetness all around. As we were walking back to the car I was informed that I must wrap the presents of course. I mean, how could he not open the presents that HE just picked out, how could I even think about not letting him OPEN THE PRESENTS! Being his birthday and all I decided to comply and I wrapped all up and happiness was had by all.

We had the usual bunch over for the sacred birthday dinner. Luckily it was a day when Al can get a home-cooked meal from work, otherwise it would have been home delivered pizza. All in all, a very nice day, no surprises or dissapointments (other than the cake incident which I will post later).

No comments: