Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Freakin' Hate You!

12:18pm February 6th, 2008 By jnudler
Ben is a very schedule oriented child. This is due to the NLD/ASD that he has. When things change, he does not do well at all. So, I should have known that when I pulled him out of school after Christmas Break to go to disney that there would be a problem getting him back to school. Now a couple things about Ben. Number one, he hates school. It is difficult for him and he misses all kinds of social cues, and he does not learn in the traditional manner. Number two, he would rather be home than any other place in the world, even Disney.
We returned from our trip to Disney and he was sick. In fact I had at least one child home from school everyday from Christmas until this past Monday. Ben was out of school all last week, previous weeks, a day or two. Needless to say his schedule was completely off and he was having none of this school stuff. He gets extremely anxious and gets horrible stomache aches from it.  So, he really should have gone back to school last Thursday, but he was fighting me and frankly I just did not have it in me. Also he was getting over a stomach bug and I figured if I sent him he would just pick up something else. All weekend we talked about how he had to go to school on Monday, yada, yada, yada. Of course, Mom, no problem Mom, I can't wait to go back to school Mom. I should have known from the last one that it was all a bunch of hooey.
Sunday night, around 8pm, the negotiating starts. My stomache hurts, I will NEVER be able to go to school tomorrow, but I'll be happy to go on Tuesday. You know the deal. I stick to my guns and tell him there is no way of knowing that his stomach will hurt tomorrow, education is important, blah, blah, blah, and that his stomach hurts becasue he is anxious. This is the point where his head exploded. I AM NOT FREAKIN' ANXIOUS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!! I AM SICK!!!! Finally passes out from crying and all is quiet.
The next morning, alarm goes off, first words out of his mouth, you guessed it, "my stomach hurts". Nope, get out of bed, get in the shower come on, your friends will be so happy to see you... "I HAVE NO FRIENDS AND I HATE THEM ALL!!!" Finally get him in the shower and then start tickling him, which he tries to fight, but can't. This igets him in a better mood. Refuses to get dressed. I tell him that if he does not get dressed he will be subjected to me singing everything from this point on in song. Not just sing-song, but true song, different genres, arias and the like. This gets him going until we are ready to leave and he is holding his head and saying "FINE, IF YOU JUST STOP SINGING I WILL GET IN THE FREAKIN' CAR!!!"
Pull up to the drop off line at school. He is, at this point hyperventilating, telling me that his stomach hurts, that I suck because I did not bring him to the Dr. and that he is going to throw up. I start to get out the car to help him out and he screams "DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING OUT OF THE FREAKIN' CAR!!!!" I said fine, then you get out, Mommy loves you, have a great day. Meanwhile the school attendant (I will not name any names, let's just call her FF for short) is standing their being EXTREMELY helpful by giving me dirty looks because we are BACKING UP THE DROP-OFF LINE! I get out of the car, tell him I will have to have FF drag him out. He climbs out saying many unkind things about school, mankind and such. He walks to the door, I, hoping he will not turn around am walking to FF without him seeing me. He of course, turns around as he is walking into the school, tears streaming down his face, snot running out his nose and leaves me with these gems. "SCHOOL IS FREAKIN' GAY" and "I FREAKIN' HATE YOU". I was stunned, but rather happy that he did not add Bitch to the sentence start going back to the car.
Being child number 3 and knowing he will pull himself together as soon as he gets inside and that the SPED teacher is their to greet him I feel okay. I say "Bye honey, Mommy loves you and have a GREAT day!" and FF looks at me and says "Gee, Ben seems a little anxious today" - Gee, do you freakin' think so!

No comments: